Effective Date: January 5, 2022
PRIVACY OF CHILDREN
Our Site and Services are not intended for children or persons under the age of 18. Children or persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to purchase at our Site or use our Services. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user is under age 18, we will promptly deactivate that user’s account (“User Account”) and delete any personal information collected in connection therewith. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child or person under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
What is Personal Information?
What Information is Collected?
Information Automatically Collected. We may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access the Site. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, IP address, geolocation information, referring website from which you accessed the Site, pages you viewed on the Site, how long you spent on a page on the Site, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends and to learn more about the demographics of our users. We will not collect any location information that you do not volunteer or enable. We will delete any location information that you request us to delete.
- Understand and save users’ preferences for future visits; and
- Compile aggregate data about Site traffic and Site interactions in order to offer better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can do this through your browser settings. Because each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s “Help Menu” to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your Site experience more efficient may not function properly or otherwise be available to you.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use the information and personal data provided by you to help us improve your experience on the Site. We may use your personal information we collect from you to:
- Improve our Services, functionality, and overall user experience;
- Deliver our Services to you;
- Better cater and market to our users, as well as learn about preferences and usage habits;
- Respond to customer service requests, comments and questions;
- Send periodic emails, notifications, and text messages regarding our Services;
- Follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email, or phone inquiries);
- Communicate about our partners’ products and services;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Troubleshoot technical difficulties and errors;
- Link or combine user information with other personal information;
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements; and
- For any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information.
Who Do We Provide Your Information to?
- We may share personal information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws or as permitted by laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information with other companies and brands owned or controlled by UNICA LLC, including our subsidiaries.
- We may share information to protect the rights and property of UNICA LLC, our agents, customers, and others. This includes enforcing our agreements, policies, and Terms of Service.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any other person.
- We may share your personal information with vendors, service providers, contractors and agents in connection with the performance of services on our behalf. These service providers are prohibited from using your information except as needed to perform our work or as required by law.
- We may share personal information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
- We may share personal information for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the personal information.
We may also share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including trusted third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf. For example, we may share your personal information from time to time with third-party information technology, data processing, and call center service providers so that we may operate our business.
Finally, we may also sell, rent, or share aggregate consumer information (i.e., anonymized summary data) with others for their own uses. Specifically, if you register and create a User Account, we may sell, rent or share certain aggregate consumer information that we compile using the personal information collected about you and other users. This aggregate consumer information will never include your name, phone number, email address, or mailing address. We may sell, rent or share this aggregate consumer information with our partners and other companies for their own marketing, product development, research, or other uses.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information outside of the situations detailed above, unless you consent otherwise.
Security and Protection of Your Personal Data
We take the security of your personal information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
Whenever we collect Personal Information, which only happens at check out, that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way. We will not ask you to provide payment card information (such as credit card number, expiration date, CVV, and billing address) through the Site. However, if a third-party service you have found through the Site collects such payment card information or any information from you, you should ensure that information is encrypted and transmitted in a secure way.
We are dedicated to protecting all personal information to the greatest extent possible. However, if you create a User Account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your User Account. If you learn of any incident involving the loss of or unauthorized access to or disclosure of personal information that is in our custody, you should notify us immediately.
Changes to This Policy
Updating Your Personal Information
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. You may update your account information by entering into your account with your username and password.
In some circumstances, we may not agree with your request to change your personal information such as when we cannot verify your request, when we need to complete a transaction, for certain business security practices, to comply with legal obligations, exercise legal claims or rights, or if the information is not considered Personal Information under state privacy laws. In such cases, we will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to Your Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, you can review, verify or correct your personal information. Please review the information in the “Your Rights” section below regarding your rights with respect to the collection of your personal data or contact our Privacy Officer for further details.
In the event that we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will endeavor to inform you of the reasons why subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Your Choices About Data We Collect and How to Opt-Out
Email marketing: By providing us with your email address, you are giving us permission to send you emails about our products and brands from the UNICA’s portfolio and other updates. You have the opportunity to unsubscribe from these emails at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button included at the bottom of each email
You have a choice about how we use your personal information. Although you cannot opt-out of all data collection when you visit our Sites or from the personal information we collect when you purchase our products through our Sites, you may opt-out at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and toll-free number 1-888-894-8568 or the mail address set forth in the FAQa section entitled “Contact Us”.
Do Not Track Signals
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
With respect to the collection of your personal data, you have the right to:
- Update or amend personal data that we have collected about you if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you;
- Request the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- Request the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- Request the commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- Request the categories of personal information sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold;
- Request that we erase or restrict personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data with respect to direct marketing purposes; and
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
You have the right to request this information up to two times in a 12-month period. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
To request this information, please contact us at email@example.com and toll-free number 1-888-894-8568 or the mail address set forth in the FAQs section entitled “Contact Us”.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive the above information up to two times in a 12-month period, free of charge. You have the right to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To request this information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and toll-free number 1-888-894-8568 or the mail address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Requests must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided email, telephone number, or email address.
Your European Privacy Rights
If you are a data subject in Europe, you have the right to access, rectify, or erase any personal data we have collected about you through the Services. You also have the right to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Services. In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data (or provide it to third parties to process) for marketing purposes or purposes materially different than for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may withdraw your consent at any time for any data processing we do based on consent you have provided to us.
To exercise any of these rights, contact us at the address set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below and specify which right you intend to exercise. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we store information as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, and may continue to retain and use the information even after a data subject request for purposes of our legitimate interests, including, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud, and enforce our agreements.
If you have any issues with our compliance, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority.
Terms of Service
UNICA LLC c/o Privacy Officer
2679 W Main Street – Shift Littleton
Littleton, CO 80120